Consider Joining our Growing Team
Administrative / Software Support Specialist
Incorporated in 2000, Green River is a custom web application development firm with a strong engineering focus, dedicated to social equity and environmental protection. We are a rapidly growing team of software engineers with project managers, user experience designers, graphic designers, and an office manager. Together, we’ve created a collaborative atmosphere in our company—shaping together the kind of work and lifestyle we want and fostering career paths through mentorship. This has resulted in exceptionally long-term relationships with both our clients and our staff. Our current clients include Starbucks, the States of Massachusetts and Delaware, outstanding non-profit clients, the Cities of Boston and Springfield, Mass., and many others. We are located in a scenic office in downtown Brattleboro, Vermont and have remote staff around the country.
Green River’s administrative/software support specialist will work onsite in our Brattleboro office with our leadership teams to help promote our business, provide software support, and ensure the efficient operation of our office. This person communicates extensively, and uses our project management and online communication tools. This position requires the ability to plan and accomplish challenging tasks with creativity and independence. Green River seeks someone who loves and enforces structure, yet is thoughtful, adaptable, and non-evangelical in approach. We look for team members who believe in working to make the world a better place, yet bring a grounded professionalism appropriate to our work, and the scale of our projects.
We’re looking for a team member who will…
Provide software user support, including:
- Communication with the users of our software. This will require entry of support tasks in our internal work tracking system, with sufficient detail that they may be assigned to a member of the development team with a clear understanding of scope and effort.
- Participation in the testing of software releases to ensure support expectations are met with respect to designs and specifications
- Gather and document feedback from users of our software and discuss how best to include the feedback into the development plan
- Manage communication related to software user support and testing
Administer our office, including:
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments; schedule and help prepare for meetings and conference calls
- Monitor project budgets and timelines
- Assist our business development team with its marketing, communication, and proposal writing
- Maintain office supplies, make travel arrangements, manage equipment inventories, and evaluate new technology and techniques for use in the office
- Provide general support to our clients when they visit
- Develop professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; review professional publications; establish personal networks; participate in professional societies
- Write letters and emails on behalf of our senior staff
- Maintain computer and manual filing systems
- Handle sensitive information in a highly confidential manner
- Participate in and take minutes of business meetings
- Communicate with staff, consultants, and clients to ensure smooth operations
- Coordinate office procedures
- Reply to email, telephone and face to face enquiries
- Develop and update administrative systems to make them more effective
- And in the end, contribute to the team effort by accomplishing what needs to get done...
Skills and experience we believe are helpful for this position:
- Prior administrative assistant and/or user support experience, and/or familiarity with consulting and/or agile software development environments
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical people
- Proficient organizational, interpersonal, problem-solving, facilitation, writing, and follow-through skills
- An undergraduate or graduate degree
Some things people love about working at Green River:
- Being part of a creative team that values a workplace where you can learn and laugh
- Being able to maintain a decent standard of living with great benefits in a beautiful rural area
- Doing challenging work that has a very meaningful impact
- Long-term relationships with smart, engaged clients
We offer a competitive salary, 100% health insurance coverage, 5 weeks paid time off, and retirement benefits.
Please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
Green River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with our beliefs and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Green River will not discriminate against employees or clients based on race, creed, color, ethnic origin, nationality, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or disability.
Get in Touch
167 Main Street, Suite 103
Brattleboro, VT 05301